FAQFrequently Asked Questions
What services do you provide?
Simply put, we can get a bad smell out of almost anything.
BioSweep of Oregon uses state-of-the-art technology to disinfect and deodorize any interior space. Our specialized equipment permanently removes odors while disinfecting more effectively than any other treatment on the market. Our services leave no toxic byproducts behind nor any residue; our treatments are safe for pets, children, and individuals with compromised immune systems.
What odors can BioSweep remove?
Virtually any odor-causing organic compound can be treated with our technology.
These compounds include:
- Smoke odor from cigarettes, cigars, etc.
- Smoke odor from fire damage and cooking fires
- Pet odor such as that “wet dog” odor
- Animal waste including cat urine
- Cooking oil and contaminant odors such as from curry, nicotine and cigarette tar
VOCs (volatile organic compounds) such as toxic hydrocarbons (diesel and gasoline), solvents, and formaldehyde
Why are BioSweep of Oregon's services effective at disinfection?
Our treatments use oxidation. Oxidation breaks down cellular membranes which destroys a wide variety of pathogens – viruses, bacteria, fungi, and microorganisms – all without using harmful chemicals or creating superbugs. For a full list of microbes we treat, contact us.
What pathogens can these treatments remove?
Our treatments destroy a wide variety of pathogens – viruses, bacteria, fungi, and microorganisms, including:
- MRSA – drug-resistant Staph
- Norovirus – responsible for about half the food-borne cases “stomach flu”
- H1N1 – influenza virus responsible for recent outbreak of “Swine Flu“ and the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic
- Salmonella – a common form of food poisoning
- Streptococcus – e.g. Strep throat
- Listeria – can cause very serious, generally food-borne infections
- Legionella – responsible for a potentially fatal form of pneumonia
- Stachybotrus – “black mold” commonly linked with “sick building syndrome”
- Aspergillus fumigatus – can produce serious complications in immunosuppressed individuals.
Who can benefit from BioSweep of Oregon’s services?
Anyone whose space has an odor or disinfection issue. This includes:
- Homeowners – who are concerned about a stubborn odor or indoor air quality
- Real estate agents, brokers, and realtors – who want to sell a home quickly for its full value
- Landlords and property managers – who want to fill a vacant unit quickly
- Car and RV owners and dealers – who want to sell a vehicle for its full value
- Insurance claims adjusters – who want to reduce the costs of a claim and complete the restoration work faster
Where are BioSweep of Oregon’s treatments most effective?
Our deodorization and disinfection treatments work in virtually any interior environment. These areas include:
- vehicles such as cars, trucks, limos, RVs and even boats
- residential spaces such as apartments, condos, and single-family homes
- commercial spaces such as offices, restaurants, retail establishments, and warehouses
What’s different about the techniques BioSweep of Oregon uses?
Amongst other technology we use, we are the only certified provider of BioSweep in the Northwest. BioSweep is a revolutionary system for permanent odor removal and thorough disinfection. Some treatments used by the competition seal in the odor or mask it. Like all our techniques, BioSweep is non-toxic and leaves no harmful residues.
What does BioSweep do and how does it work?
BioSweep uses a five-step process which breaks down odor-causing organic compounds and destroys pathogens including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It uses a proven technology called photocatalytic oxidation to produce simultaneous, interrelated forms of oxidation to eradicate airborne organic contaminants. These vapor compounds are unsurpassed in field applications for their penetrating oxidative power to remove virtually any embedded or persistent contaminant and odor. When the treatment is complete, the oxidation particles convert back into safe levels of oxygen and water vapor – leaving no harmful residues.
What are the advantages of using your treatments, including BioSweep?
Our treatments are:
- Faster than the competition – time is money! We can deodorize and disinfect an indoor space up to 90% faster than conventional methods. Your time is valuable – whether it’s a car or home that won’t sell or isn’t rentable, or you’re out of your home when the work is being done
- More effective than the competition – our oxidative molecules penetrate porous surfaces so you get a deep clean, not a superficial treatment
- Permanent – our treatments attack the contaminant rather than covering it up and sealing it
- More cost effective – we reduce or eliminate the need to replace walls, carpets, fabric, and furniture
- Environmentally friendly – all our techniques are non-toxic with no harmful residues
- Safer – our treatments reduce malodors and dangerous VOCs while killing mold, bacteria, and viruses leading to a more healthful indoor environment
Is BioSweep just another ozone machine?
No. BioSweep is not considered an ozone generator. BioSweep equipment does not use coronal discharge ozone generation, which is unreliable, inconsistent, and produces harmful and corrosive nitrogen oxides and nitric acid.
BioSweep equipment creates purified oxygen and hydrogen peroxide within the treatment chamber. These oxyradicals are exported from the air filtration units to attack contaminants in the air and on exposed surfaces. This equipment is at least ten times more powerful in creating oxidation particles than most commercial ozone generators.
How much do you charge?
Since we provide custom solutions to match your situation, contact us directly so we can provide you a free estimate.
Most situations can be estimated over the phone; some may need an in-person evaluation, which is complimentary. Our pricing structure is determined by the interior size of the treatment area, ease of access to the space, type of odor, etc.
How long does your treatment take?
The duration of treatment time varies due to the severity and type of the odor, level of saturation, and the size of the treatment area.
Cars generally take less than two hours, apartments and small homes take about a day while larger spaces may take a few days depending on the situation.
Does BioSweep work with other specialists to achieve the results I want?
- With vehicles, our treatments are often performed after a thorough detailing has the vehicle looking sharp but an odor remains
- With real estate, we work with restoration specialists including insurance adjusters, carpet cleaners, contractors and professional cleaning crews to help you get things back to normal after an accident, fire, crime or natural disaster. Our services are frequently covered by insurance.
Does the BioSweep process ever fail?
First, it is extremely rare for BioSweep to damage sensitive items such as fabrics, carpets, rubber, or foam. After years of extensive use, BioSweep has never damaged electronic components.
Usually when an odor cannot be fully eliminated, it means an odor-generating source has not been fully removed. There are reasons why: porous materials are odor sponges and sometimes need to be removed. In homes, we see this most commonly in plastic sheeting, carpet pads, and filters, which can get impregnated with odor. The simplest solution for odor removal is to replace these odor-impregnated items.
Are your treatments safe for my kids and pets?
Yes. They are perfectly safe because our treatments are derived solely from oxygen and water. We use no bleach, solvents, or other harmful chemicals in our treatments. Our treatments leave no harmful chemical residues.
Can I be in my home during the treatments?
No. Our treatments temporarily convert oxygen and water vapor into powerful oxidizers including purified trivalent oxygen and hydrogen peroxide. When the treatment is complete, these oxidizers immediately return to a more stable state of oxygen and water.
The properties which make these oxidizers powerful cleaners and disinfectants can also damage cellular membranes and living tissues. For this reason, we require treatment areas to be vacated during the short duration of the treatment time. Our service technicians use highly sensitive equipment to verify the oxidizing particles are removed from the treatment area and it is safe for people and pets to return.
How do you eliminate odor from your car?
How do you eliminate cigarette smoke odor from your car?
How do you remove an odor from your home?
How do you remove cooking odors from your home?
How do you eliminate cigarette smoke odor from your home?
How do you eliminate the smoke smell from your house after a fire?
How do you eliminate smoke odor from your house?
How do you remove pet urine odor from your home?
How do you remove the pet odor from your home?
Service Areas:Portland, Salem, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Tualatin, West Linn, as well as SW Washington
4430 NE 148th Avenue, Portland, OR 97230
Phone: (503) 405-9773